Scholarships from Singapore are available now for Academic Year 2007/2008. Application for the Singapore Scholarship must be submitted on the prescribed application form (The application form and supporting documents must be of A4 size and printed on one side only). Deadline 18 Desember 2006 Please contact the Singapore Embassy/ High Commission/Consulate-General in your capital city for a copy of the Singapore Scholarship brochure and application form. You may click here for a softcopy of the application form for AY 06/07. Applicants will be required to submit a typed-written essay of about 300-500 words. The essay is an important part of your application.
All supporting documents have to be attached. Those supporting documents that are not in English must have a certified translation in English. Translation and certification of transcripts and academic records have to be done by your educational institutions.
Applications must be endorsed and submitted by their respective ASEAN Governments. The relevant agencies to endorse the application are:
Bureau of Foreign Co-operation
Department of National Education
Gedung C, Lantal 7 Jl Jend. Sudirman Senayan Jakarta
Tel No: 001-6221-5738181
Fax No: 001-6221-5709445
Contact person: Ibu Yun Widiati, SH
- Brunei Darussalam
Ministry of Education
Public Service Department, Training Division
Contact Person: Cik Intan Liana
NEDA and DFA
Ministry of Education, External Relations Division
Contact Person: Mr Rathawut Piamsarit
International Relations Department
(Ministry of Education and Training)
49 Da Co Viet Street
Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development
Foreign Economic Relations Department
Tel No: 249431
Fax No: 256424
- Lao People`s Democratic Republic
Mr Lytou Boupao, Director General (Department of Planning and International Cooperation)
Ministry of Education
Tel No: 214722
Fax No: 216006
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. Documents submitted separately from applications will also not be considered.
Please also note that most shortlisted nominees will take the entrance examinations set by NTU or NUS. All shortlisted nominees will also have to undergo an interview conducted by interviewers from NTU , NUS and SMU. The entrance examinations and interviews will be conducted in the respective ASEAN countries.
The decision of the Singapore Government on the selection of Singapore Scholarship recipients is final.
What is Offered
- The Singapore Scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the respective degrees at Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore or Singapore Management University. It covers full tuition fees and a living allowance of S$4,300 (covering meals, transport, textbooks and course materials during schoool semester) per academic year. In addition, a separate full accommodation allowance based on the room rates at each university or designated hostel (for SMU which does not have on-campus accommodation) will be provided during school semester.
- One return economy class air ticket is provided for the Scholarâ€™s passage from his/her home country to Singapore for the duration of studies determined by the Singapore Government. No additional assistance will be provided for other travel expenses.
- A recipient of the Scholarship may not concurrently hold any other Scholarship, Fellowship, Grant or Award without the prior approval of the Singapore Government.
- There is no bond imposed on the Scholarship by the Singapore Government. The Scholars are expected to return home to contribute to the development of their countries upon graduation.
- The Singapore Government reserves the right to terminate the Scholarship if the Scholarâ€™s academic progress is unsatisfactory or his conduct is in violation of the university`s rules and regulations.
Application Form :
Latest Submission : 18 Desember 2006
For more information, write to:
c/o Technical Cooperation Directorate
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Singapore 248 163
Tel: (65) 6379 8000
Fax: (65) 6479 3357