UK – Leeds University Business School is offering a number of studentship awards for international students to fund PhD study for a 2009 start.
PhD Study in October 2009 for International Students
What is a School Studentship?
The School Studentship provides PhD funding to successful applicants to cover fees and a maintenance grant.
What is the value of the award?
For successful candidates the award will cover tuition fees at the international rate, and a maintenance grant of £13,290 per annum.
Who can apply?
These awards are open to international students that wish to commence full-time study in October 2009. You will need to meet the standard entry requirement to the PhD Programme in the Faculty of Business. Applicants must hold at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent. How to apply
Entry Requirements for PhD Programmes
Candidates should hold a British Masters degree, or equivalent qualification, with a minimum average score of 60 per cent. Candidates must also meet our standard English language requirement.
Standard English Language Requirements
A pass in an approved test in English is required for applicants whose first language is not English. The approved tests and minimum required scores are:
- IELTS. Scores of at least 6 or more in each section and an overall score of 6.5
- TOEFL. scores of at least 580 overall and 4.0 in the Test of Written English
- Computer based TOEFL. Scores of at least 240 overall and 4.0 in the essay-writing
- TOEFL iBT. We require an overall test result of 94 with the following minimum scores required in each of these sections: Listening 20, Reading 23, Speaking 23, Writing 24.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for either award you can download at: Click here to download an application form now which provides further information on the application process.
Remember, the application deadline is the 1st June for the URS awards and 22nd June for the School Studentship awards, so it is important that you apply as soon as possible.
For more information or help with your application please email the
Leeds University Business School Research Office:
Tel. +44 (0)113 3434596
School Studentship – 22nd June 2009
Note: Leeds University Business School is also offering a number of studentship awards to UK/EU students to fund PhD study for a 2009 start. If you are a UK/EU student you can apply for a University Research Studentship award.
- Guardian Trust Master’s Scholarship in Commerce, University of Canterbury, NZ September 30th, 2011
- University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Programme 2012-2013, Finland August 13th, 2011
- Master Scholarships in Business Administration at Portsmouth Business School, UK July 25th, 2011
- MBA Director’s Scholarship at Bournemouth University, UK July 20th, 2011
- Van Oord MBA Scholarship for Master’s Students from Developing Countries June 23rd, 2011
- May 22nd