The KAAD scholarships are addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives.
Who can apply?
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
KAAD has a long history of working in Asia, a continent characterized by dynamic changes in its economy, societies, cultures, and also religious matters.
Countries of major focus are: Bangladesh, Indonesia, Cambodia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and China.